15 Years Old Filipino Thia Megia’s Milwaukee Passes American Idol Audition

filipino girls passes american idol
MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin – A young Filipina singer was among the best who auditioned last night on popular FOX talent show, American Idol.  Fifteen-year-old Thia Megia wowed judges Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson with her rendition of Adele’s “Chasing Pavements”. During her segment on Idol, the Mountain House, California high school student said that she originally planned on auditioning next year.
“But when I heard about the age reduction (from 16 to 15 years old), I just immediately booked a flight and hotel and we just flew straight to Wisconsin.  I knew there was going to be an audition in California but I couldn’t summon the patience to wait,” she said.

Once she walked in and introduced herself, Lopez immediately noted that Megia had a name of a movie star.

After her audition piece, Lopez commented: “I love you.  You’re the total package.”

Tyler said: “I love your voice.  I thought it had character.”

Megia is going to Hollywood, after receiving 3 votes from the judges.
 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Candy Girls

Designed by Tony Tran